To become the best coach that will ever have in Pokémon more we are useful to perfectly know all the elementary types. The collectible creatures franchise brought the stone, paper or scissors to a new level already with the launch of the first generation. When red and blue they reached the market there were a total of 15 different elementary natures that were extended, although not much, in the subsequent games. Thus, there are currently a total of 18 types **. Each Pokémon can have a maximum of two, and depending on what are certain advantages or disadvantages in combat.
- The importance of elementary types in Pokémon
- The Pokémon type table
- Modifiers of the type of types
- Curiosities about elementary types and type type
The importance of elementary types in Pokémon
The type of a Pokémon has both offensive and defensive functions that work the same in all the main games of the franchise. Before continuing, we will review them for newcomers to the saga.
* Offensive Bonus – Stab : Known by its acronym in English, the letters refer to bonus by attack of the same type. This advantage makes creatures that use movements of some of their elementary types do 50% more damage. Thus, if the power of a plant attack is 90 and the blow is made by a Bulbasaur, it will actually be 135.
* Defensive situation – resistances and weaknesses : Some elementary types are particularly resistant to others, reducing the damage received by 50% (electrical against plant). There are also less common cases in which they are totally immune, so that they cannot be beaten (fight against ghost). Of course, not everything is positive since, in the same way, they can receive 100% extra damage of superfect movements (plant against water).
Keep in mind that Pokémon can have more than an elementary type, so it is possible that their resistance and weaknesses will be modified . Following the examples, if a steel and sinister pokémon receives a fighting type attack, the damage received is amplified by 200%. The same goes for defenses if the combination makes us double resistant, being able to receive only 25% of the blow.
The Pokémon type table
Once we have updated with the theory, it is time to review what the current situation in Pokémon is. The type of types has been changing with the progress of generations, since it is one of the most important tools to balance the game when necessary. We are currently on the way to the ninth generation that will introduce scarlet and purple versions without changes.
Pokémon Go Use the same type of types, but count the damage differently. The damage multiplier is different and immunity does not exist. Instead, the types that immunize attacks resist them doubly.
- Double superefect attacks: the damage is multiplied x2,56
- Supefecutive attacks: the damage is multiplied x1,6
- Resisted attacks: the damage is multiplied x0,625
- Doubly resisted attacks: the damage is multiplied x0,391
- Triplely resisted attacks: the damage is multiplied x0,24
Modifiers of the type of types
Something that all Pokémon players should know, is that The table of efficiency and resistances can be modified in combat through different elements.
Attacks *: There are attacks capable of skipping the logic of the table, changing or deactivating types. The flying type pokémon that use respite ceases to be from use to the end of the shift and calls the fire type of their users until they are exchanged. There are also curious cases such as lyophilization, which despite being an ice attack makes the water type superfect.
Skills *: Levitation allows users to become immune to the earth type or not enjoy the advantages offered by the fields. There are more similar cases and there is even sebum, which offers a degree of resistance to fire and ice. It should be noted that, in the same way, there are skills that neutralize the defensive passive of the rival (Rompemoldes, Terravoltage and Turbollama).
* Objects : They are the smallest, but some may have very curious effects. A good example is Globo Helio makes the user immune to earth -type attacks until he receives a blow.
Curiosities about elementary types and type type
- The greatest number of weaknesses that a Pokémon can have is seven. There are currently 11 creatures in this situation: AbomasNow, Exeggutor, Celeby, Calyrex, Shifttryy, Cilturne, Zarude, Solrock, Lunatone, Terrakion and Tyranitar.
- The evolutionary line of Eelekross is the closest thing to a creature without weaknesses. It only receives overfective earth blows, but it has the levitar ability. In this way, only creatures with breakmold (or similar) can hit it double efficiency.
- There are a total of 171 combinations of unique types and only 16 have never been used. The last great novelty was the inclusion of Zorua and Zoroark of Hisui, who share ghost and normal.
- Bug and fight are the only two types that resist each other.
- The water type is the most common among all Pokémon species.
- The second generation introduced the sinister type to counteract the power of psychic creatures and steel with a similar purpose, although they also wanted to reduce the power of normal Pokémon. In sixth generation, the same was done with the fairy type to reduce the power of struggle and dragon.
You may prefer to have the types grouped in an image or it is more comfortable. How could it be otherwise, here you have it. If you are attacking, check from left to right. If you are defending yourself, use it from top to bottom.